AB Bank Rwanda Plc has been operating in Rwanda since January 2014. It is a member of an international network of commercial banks providing banking services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises and private individuals in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Since the start of operations, AB Bank Rwanda has been growing remarkably in number of clients and staff. To further facilitate the growth of our client base and branch network we are now seeking motivated professionals to join us as SME Loan officer
SME Loan officer reports directly to SME Group Leader/ Head of SME
Create and manage own loan portfolio
• Promotion: Conducting direct promotion and/or other marketing activities on a regular basis;
• Application: Screening prospects’ eligibility, taking loan applications and arranging appointments with clients;
• Assessment: Conducting loan analyses
• Proposal: Presenting loan proposals to the credit committee;
• Disbursement: Arranging the disbursement in collaboration with the Back Office and the client Advisors;
Ensure high quality standards for the bank
• The LO is responsible for complying with the Bank’s credit policy, the credit procedures and all memos and regulations concerning the credit department at all times;
• All necessary credit forms have to be filled in by the LO before presenting a loan proposal to the credit committee;
• The LO conducts monitoring client visits on a regular basis in order to be always up to date with the financial and personal situation of clients in his/her portfolio;.
Reach targets set by the credit department
The LO is obliged to reach all quantitative and qualitative targets set by the SME department.
Required to comply with the Bank’s Code of Conduct, to treat clients and colleagues according to the code, and inform his/her superiors about any violation of the code
• Responsible for additional ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Chief Business Officer, Head of SME, Branch Manager and/or Group Leader.
Anticipating, identifying and promptly addressing tasks and issues that arise in their area of responsibility that are not specified in the job description. Ensuring that their manager is aware of these tasks and issues.
Profile / Requirements
Necessary experience, knowledge & soft skills
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or other related field,
• Experience: at least 1 year (excluding probation period) as Loan Officer or relationship officer, credit officer,
• Excellent knowledge about the Banking compliance with Credit Policy & Procedures,
• Good analytical skills,
• Good knowledge and understanding of Rwanda lending culture or financial Sector, including crosschecks, ratios and financial statements (cash flow & balance sheet) and various industries as the market to be targeted,
• Basic skills and experience in working with Microsoft excel of advantage,
• Proven ability and willingness to work in a team,
• Good knowledge of financial mathematics and accounting,
• Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda,
• Ability, willingness & interest to work in the field (around 50% of working time)
• High level of integrity and loyalty,
Interested candidates should send ONLY:
Letter of Interest
Copy of academic qualifications
To firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 20th May 2019.
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information,