AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for a qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Enterprise Application officer.
Enterprise Application is responsible for designing, developing, implement and maintain new and existing applications, databases and other bank‘s initiatives. The enterprise Application officer reports directly to Head of IT
Plan the conceptual design for applications and databases, and contribute in the definition of software requirement specification
Design and implement new features for different applications, and across different sub-systems of the core banking system based on the business needs
Ensure high availability and performance of the bank’s applications, especially of the core banking system, by monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users
Assist with planning, testing and implementation of software upgrades, as required to remain up-to-date and attain "best functionality“ for the bank
Participate in plans for scaling and enhancing new and existing application and database systems and document proposed solutions
Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..)
Ensures governance, control and risk management in application developing process especially in adherence to Data Protection Act, GDPR.
Ensure the web servers, applications are operating efficiently and adjusted to serve business needs.
Ensure the security of all application against cyber security vulnerabilities
Regulate and manage access rights of different users on applications as per the bank’s procedure.
Assisting & training the bank users in testing and adopting applications
Provide customer support and technical direction for problem resolution.
Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency and develop strategies for improving these systems.
Enforce and monitor security policies and procedures for software applications.
Perform applications configuration, monitoring, and administration.
Manage applications software upgrades when there is new release.
Ensure that any new software integration into Core Banking system meets functional requirements and system compliance.
Perform daily backup for applications.
Serve as a “backup” for the database administrator, and perform its duties in his/her absence.
Build custom reports and dashboards to support management decision making.
Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Perform monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting
Necessary experience and knowledge
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree (Engineering/ Computer Science or equivalent) and proven track record of application development
• 1-2 years working experience in an IT- Application development–Banking sector
• Knowledge or general understanding of Banking business
• Excellent analytical skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical users.
• Must be proactive and have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues and end users.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English
• Willingness to assist bank users throughout the country for software installation and support.
• Flexibility and operational readiness, willingness to continuous learning new technologies and methodologies.
• Broad knowledge of IT Infrastructure and IS applications
• Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
Qualified and Interested Candidates may apply at AB Bank’s recruitment email at: email@example.com
Deadline 10th May 2019
Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information,