AB BANK Rwanda Plc. is looking for a qualified and competent staff to fill the position of Information Security officer.
Information Security officer is responsible to Bring institution’s information security risks under explicit management control through the establishment and implementation of the Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The ISO will investigate alerts, assisting with developing new security monitoring, use cases and ensuring all investigative activities are properly documented in the bank’s systems and followed up with relevant support teams. The ISO reports directly to AB Information Security Committee & AH Information Security Manager
• Leading of project ISMS implementation performing tasks as specified in the project plan within given time- and budget limits;
• Leading of formal approval process (within AB Bank Information Security Committee) and functional approval process (within AB ISMS Steering Committee) for Information Security Policies;
• Leading of implementation of Information Security Management System in AB Bank based on model processes and artefacts developed by Access Holding Information Security Department;
• Day-to-day implementation of information security policies;
• Act as the committed owner of the security incident and vulnerability management processes from design to implementation and beyond
• Leading technical implementation based on tools (e.g. Inventory of Assets, Access Control Matrix,..) ensuring that suitable technical, physical and procedural controls are in place in accordance with the policies, and are properly applied and used by all employees and contractors;
• Specification of prevailing gaps in the systems;
• Provision of direction, resources, support and review necessary to ensure that information assets are appropriately protected;
• Proposal of corrective and preventive measures if applicable;
• Submission of periodic reports on implementation status, Key Risk Indicators (KRI) and Incident Management related to information security to AB Bank Information Security Committee and Access Holding Information Security Manager;
• Leading of training and awareness raising sessions on information security for AB Bank personnel
Necessary Experience, Skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in information Technology/ Computer Science or related field
• 2- 3 years of full-time work experience in Information Security or related field preferably in banking or financial services, Telecom or any related field.
• A good knowledge of information security management or related functions (such as IT audit or IT Risk Management), will be and added advantage.
• A good understanding of technical IT roles such as IT architecture, development or operations, with a clear and abiding interest in information security and or system controls;
• Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and motivate others to do the same
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is an independent information security certification governed by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
• Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) is a certification for information security managers awarded by ISACA
• ISACA Certified Information Systems Auditor
• Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
• CEC (Certified Ethical Hacker) will be added advantage.
Interested candidates should send ONLY:
Letter of Interest
Copy of academic qualifications
To firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 10th May 2019.
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION in the subject of the email.]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information,