Job Title: Legal Officer
Department: Legal Department
Reports to: Head of the Legal Department
Location: Head Office
Required to comply with the Bank’s Code of Conduct, to treat clients, colleagues and suppliers according to the code, and inform his/her superiors about any violation of the code
Results expected to achieve
Demonstrates best practice in relation to professional responsibilities. Ensures that own work is in compliance with departmental procedures.
Focusses on finding effective solutions that meet the needs of ABR, whilst maintaining professional standards. Uses professional knowledge and experience to establish priorities, identify and address issues in area of responsibility.
Initiates and builds on relationships with colleagues across departments to maximize efficiencies. Recognises the needs of others and responds accordingly, focusing on the interests of ABR. Role models professional behaviour towards colleagues and clients at all times.
Anticipates the learning and knowledge needs of team members, and addresses those needs on a timely basis. Takes informal steps to address errors or omissions in team members’ work, and promptly raises such performance issues with senior staff. Ensures senior staff are fully briefed on team activities and team members’ performance, and that the team are kept informed of management communication.
Qualifications, experience and skills requirements:
• Education: Bachelor degree in law
• Experience: Minimum of three (2) years of experience in commercial law
• Professional Knowledge in Civil Litigation, Commercial Law, Alternative Dispute Resolution and criminal procedure
• Technical Skills in Compliance/Legislation, contract management, negotiation
• Professional knowledge in Drafting Legal documents
• Integrity, professional discretion and ability to handle confidential matters
• Fluency in English with excellent writing, editorial and oral advocacy skills
Interested candidates should click Apply button and fill the recruitment form attached, not later than May 14th2018. No physical delivery of CVs will be accepted
[NOTE: Please state the POSITION NAME in JOB Title in the subject Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information,